At Nazareth, we believe supporting our students is the best possible way for them to succeed. Academic Assistance can be requested by the student, a parent, a teacher, or a counselor. Below are listed various ways that personal academic assistance may be extended to a NAHS student.
NHS 1-1 peer tutoring
- Communicate with your daughter’s teacher your concern for assistance.
- Call Sr. Teresa Mary who can arrange a peer tutor through NHS.
- A student in need of assistance can be paired with an NHS student. The students arrange a mutually agreed upon day and time to meet. Usually they meet two times a week before or after school.
Math Honor Society
- Tutoring before school in the library and after school in Room 25. A student can “drop in" for tutoring as needed.
- Math Center, during lunch periods, in Room 25. The student needs to obtain a Math Center Pass during homeroom period from Mrs. Sylvester in Room 25.
Academic Enrichment/The Frances Program
The Frances Program is provided free of charge for one year or one semester to students who have a diagnosed learning differences or experience academic difficulty. While postponing the study of a foreign language for one year or semester, the student meets 1-1 with an academic support professional daily. During this time, the student aims for greater self-knowledge and more effective ways of successfully navigating her particular learning differences. One academic credit is earned under the name of Academic Enrichment.
The Math Center is located in the back room of the library on the second floor. The math faculty, along with the members of Mu Alpha Theta, the Math Honor Society, are available to assist the students in math throughout the school day. The Math Center is open 7:20 AM for before school help. Any student wishing to use the math center during her lunch or study needs to obtain a pass that morning during homeroom in Room 25. Tutoring is also available after school in the Math Center. Students are encouraged to just drop in before or after school as needed.
For more information on Academic Assistance, please contact Sister Teresa Mary at 215.268.1064.