Virtual Learning Updates
Please continue to follow this page for the latest updates regarding Nazareth Academy High School and the evolving health issue with coronavirus (COVID-19).
April 22, 2020
Tuesday, March 17 - Indefinitely Flexible Instructional Days
How Flexible Instructional Days Work
- Only courses that are scheduled to meet that day will follow the protocol (i.e. Blocks either full or half and only on the days that the classes are regularly scheduled to meet). We will follow A Schedules on Flexible Instructional Days.
- On Tuesday, March 17th, teachers will share with students their platform (FA Web, Microsoft Teams, Schoology, Canvas, email, et cetera) and details for posting assignments, lectures, and assessments
- For each Flexible Instructional Day, teachers will post their Academic Plan for their students by 8 am for each day using their previously communicated platform
- If teachers plan a virtual meeting for your class via Microsoft Teams, Zoom, or other platforms, it will be scheduled during the regularly scheduled class block and students will be given at least 24 hours notice
- During each school day, teachers will have two hours of office hours for students to communicate with teachers
- Teachers will respond to student or parent emails outside of office hours within one school day
- Students should expect at least 45 to 60 minutes of work for each class
Illness and Other Circumstances
- In the case of a student illness or other serious circumstances that will prevent the student from fully participating in the Flexible Instructional Day, a parent may contact the teacher via email to excuse the student
- The student will be considered "absent" from the classes on that day. Students will still be responsible for work assigned on the Flexible Instructional Day. However, they will have an extension on the deadline as agreed to with their teachers.
- If a student is without power or internet access on a Flexible Instructional Day, a parent must contact the teacher via email to excuse the student as soon as they are able to do so. Students will still be responsible for work assigned on the Flexible Instructional Day. However, they will have an extension on the deadline as agreed to with their teachers.
Counseling and College Counseling
We realize the psychological impact of not knowing what to expect and the inability to engage in our lives as we typically do can cause distress. Please know that our Counselors will be available to assist your child during these uncertain times. Counselors can be reached via email throughout school hours (7:30am-3:00pm) to assist parents and students with non-emergent concerns and guidance. There are also links and additional resources to support you and your daughter posted on our website. Click here to visit our Counseling Coronavirus Resource page.
- As of now, all school events have been postponed indefinitely.
Past Communications With Students and Parents
- Parent Update 07/27
- Parent Update 07/01
- Update on Senior In-person Celebrations - July 1st
- Emergency Assistance for Families Impacted by COVID-19
- Update on In-person Senior Celebrations
- Senior Salute ~ June 1st Details
- Parent Weekly Update 05/24
- Honoring Class of 2020 - 05/24
- Parent Weekly Update 05/17
- Honoring Class of 2020 Update - 05/17
- Parent Weekly Update 05/10
- Honoring Class of 2020 Update - 05/10
- Parent Weekly Update - 05/03
- Honoring Class of 2020 Update - 05/03
- Honoring Class of 2020
- Parent Weekly Update - 4/26
- Parent Weekly Update - 4/19
- Easter Message 2020
- Checking in with Alumnae - 4/9
- Virtual Counseling Email - 4/7
- Parent Weekly Update - 4/5
- 2020 Legacy Day of Caring
- Checking in with Alumnae - 3/31
- Parent Weekly Update - 3/29
- Update March 23, 2020
- Important Information for Juniors and Seniors
- April 1st Fees Delayed to May 1st
- March 2020 Family Newsletter 3/17
- School Update 3/17
- March 13, 2020 Email
- Coronavirus Update 3/12
- Coronavirus Update 3/11
- Coronavirus Update 3/9
Ways to Stay Connected
Click here to view our daily announcements and morning updates.
Each weekday at 10:45 AM, Ms. Donnelly, our Campus Minister, will utilize social media to say daily prayers for our Nazareth Academy Community. You can have your intention said during prayer by filling out this form. Also, watch daily prayer on our Facebook page.
You can visit our Facebook and Instagram Page to stay connected to both our faculty, staff, and students during these times of uncertainty. We have started the hashtag #VirtualPandas for teachers, students, and alumnae to share how they have been adapting to learning or working from home.
During the school year, our girls have the option to meet every Thursday during Activity Period in Chapel for Prayer Zone with Ms. Donnelly our Campus Minister. During Prayer Zone, students take time to reflect and talk to God. During the coronavirus outbreak and virtual learning, Ms. Donnelly has graciously decided to keep this tradition going. Click below for recent Prayer Zones:
Prayer Zone 3/19/2020