Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award
Sign up for emails to get helpful college tips and resources, and enter for the chance to win a scholarship! Throughout the year, 12 eligible students or parents will be randomly selected to win a $5,000 Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award to help cover college expenses.
For more information and to apply please visit: https://scholarship.collegecovered.com/?acmpgn=E_EAW_CSEM_BM_X_BMHS2
Golden Door Scholars
Golden Door Scholars is offering 50 scholarships worth up to $40,000 each to Dreamer students (those with DACA status)! If you are eligible, make sure to apply before the September 16th, 2019 deadline.
You can apply through Going Merry by going to https://www.goingmerry.com/s/golden-door.
If this scholarship does not apply to you, remember that Going Merry has thousands of others that it can match you with! Just go to www.goingmerry.com to see them all.
Stonehill College Merit Scholarship
All Nazareth Academy High School students who meet the requirements for admission to Stonehill will receive a minimum of a $10,000 (up to $25,000) merit scholarship. This guaranteed level of commitment is intended to reinforce their appreciation of each family’s investment in Catholic secondary education, the level of preparation for college provided within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia community and the capacity of Nazareth Academy High School students to succeed at Stonehill.
For questions or concerns please contact Assistant Vice President of Enrollment and Dean of Admission, Joseph Dacey ’02 at email@example.com or 508-565-1373.
Pro Stock Hockey Scholarship
Pro Stock Hockey is not only a strong supporter of organized hockey, but of education as well. We are proud to be able to help students who are pursuing degrees in higher education. Through the Pro Stock Hockey Scholarship, we will award the winning student $1,000 to be used toward his or her degree. To qualify, undergraduate or graduate students must attend an accredited college or university based in the USA
For more information and to apply please visit: https://www.prostockhockey.com/scholarship/
Application Deadline date: August 1st, 2020
Washington Crossing Foundation Scholarships
- The Washington Crossing Foundation invites you to explore their web site, www.gwcf.org , which contains all of the information candidates should require to prepare and submit an application. Each interested student is invited to write a one-page essay stating why he or she plans a career in government service including any inspiration to be derived from the leadership of George Washington in his famous crossing of the Delaware. The student must confine the essay to viewpoint, attitude and purpose in choice of career.
- Deadline for application: January 15th, 2020
National CO-OP Scholarship Program.
- Wace is pleased to announce their Eighteenth Annual National Co-op Scholarship Program consisting of 160 merit co-op scholarships for high school seniors and transfer students who are planning to participate in college cooperative education. Many of these merit co-op scholarships are renewable for four-years valued at $4.2 million.
- Students must apply to one (or more) of the following nine WACE Partner Institutions: Clarkson University, Drexel University, Johnson &Wales University, Merrimack College, Rochester Institute of Technology, Sate University of New York Oswego, The University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati, and Wentworth Institute of Technology.
- Applications and more information available at: www.waceinc.org
Gettysburg College Scholarships
Starting with next year's incoming class, students will be able to apply for the Eisenhower Scholarship–designed to recognize outstanding applicants who are positively transforming their communities. The College has a long history of civic engagement with students and alumni making a difference in their communities and around the world.
The Eisenhower Scholarship is Gettysburg College's most selective scholarship–$160,000 for four years of full-time study ($40,000 per year). It is awarded to top-performing applicants within a most challenging curriculum who have demonstrated a high level of civic engagement locally, nationally, and/or internationally. More information about the Eisenhower Scholarship including application requirements and process is on our website.
Additionally, Gettysburg College recognizes students' academic achievement in high school by awarding four categories of academic merit scholarships under Early Decision and Regular Decision.
- Abraham Lincoln Scholarship–$32,000 per year
- Presidential Scholarship–$27,000 per year
- David Wills Scholarship –$24,000 per year
- 1832 Founders Scholarship–$15,000 per year
Decisions on merit scholarship recipients are made as part of the admissions process. A separate application is not required. All students, including those who apply test optional, are considered.
Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarships
Scholarship applications will be accepted from August 1, 2019 – February 15, 2020. DAR’s scholarships are awarded and judged without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability.
Applicants must be citizens of the United States.
Applicants must attend or plan to attend an accredited college or university in the United States.
All multi-year scholarships, typically renewable up to four years, must be for consecutive years of attendance.
Awards are based on academic excellence, commitment to the field of study, and/or financial need, or other restrictions on specific scholarships.
Awards are placed on deposit with the recipient’s college or university and any unused portion shall be returned to the DAR.
Applicants are only eligible to receive one scholarship from the DAR.
Follow the link for more information: https://www.dar.org/national-society/scholarships
Assumption College Scholarships
Students applying to Assumption College from Catholic schools receive a $2,500 per year Brassard Scholarship upon acceptance. Students are also eligible for academic scholarships up to $25,000 per year.
Students can apply for the Light the Way Scholarship (non-academic based) which would be a $27,000 per year award if they were chosen for it. The deadline to apply for the Light the Way Scholarship is December 15, 2019.
Click here for more information: https://www.assumption.edu/admissions-financial-aid/undergraduate-admissions-and-financial-aid/scholarships-and-grants
2020 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest
In profiles of courage, John F. Kennedy recounted the stories of eight US Senators who put the nation’s interests above their own. They were guided by integrity and conscience, not party pressure or fear of losing the next election. Contest topic: Describe and analyze an act of political courage by a US elected official who served during or after 1917, the year of JFK’s birth.
- Prizes consist of $10,000, $3,000, $1,000 and $100
- For more information and to enter please visit: www.jfklibrary.org/essaycontest
- All submissions must be received by January 17th 2020
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation's College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. In addition to the monetary award, Cooke scholars receive comprehensive educational advising, significant cohort-based programming, and graduate school funding, as well as access to a thriving network of more than 2,600 fellow Cooke scholars and alumni.
- The Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program application (exclusively through the Common App) closes November 13, 2019.
2020 PSECU Scholarship Available Now
Graduating high school students will once again have the opportunity to apply for scholarship funds from PSECU. To qualify for one of six scholarships each awarded for up to $8,000 (up to $2,000 per year, up to four years), the student must be a PSECU member by Monday, December 31, 2019.
- For more information and to apply: www.psecu.com/scholarships
- All applications must be submitted by 12 p.m. (noon ET) on February 28, 2020
The Norm Brodsky Business Concept Competition
The winner will receive a 4-year, full-tuition scholarship to Rider University! High school seniors, juniors and sophomores are eligible to apply. Students must write a 400-word description of a business concept, and finalists will present their concept to a panel of judges.
- For more information and to apply: www.rider.edu/brodskycompetition
- All applications must be submitted by November 17th 2019
Fireside Catholic Publishing Scholarship
Fireside Catholic Publishing is pleased once again to recognize outstanding Catholic High School Seniors who are “Putting their faith into action” daily. Five winners will receive a $1,000 cash award for their essay entries.
- For more information, please see Mrs. Glasson
- All applications must be received by Fireside no later than December 9th, 2019
Hugh Carcella Scholarship Program
The united Steelworkers Hugh Carcella Scholarship Program offers scholarships each year with a total value of $4,000.00 ($1,000 per year for four years). Scholarships will be awarded in June 2020. The scholarships will be available for use in an accredited college or university that the winner wishes to attend in the United States or Canada. Winners may follow any course of study normally leading to a recognized bachelor’s degree. A two year community college is acceptable when matriculating toward a four year Bachelor’s degree program.
- Applications may be obtained, upon request, from participating local unions. Applicants will fill out the application from giving all required information. No application will be accepted unless properly signed by the President and Recording Secretary of the respective local union. When completed the forms should be mailed to the scholarship fund committee, United Steelworkers, 10 Canal Street; Suite 310; Bristol, Pa. 19007.
All applications must be postmarked no later than midnight, March 15, 2020
Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program
The Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program recognizes students for their community service, academic performance and leadership skills. This year, scholarships of $2,500 will be awarded to over 800 students nationwide.
- For more information and to apply please visit: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/leadersandachievers/?utm_source=MDRe1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Comcast2020
- Application deadline is December 6, 2019.
The Coolidge Scholarship
The Coolidge Scholarship is a full-ride, four-year, merit scholarship that may be used by recipients for undergraduate study at any accredited college or university in the United States. Any high school junior who plans on enrolling in college in the fall of 2021 and is an American citizen or legal permanent resident is eligible to apply (unfortunately current high school seniors are not eligible to apply).
- For more information and to apply please visit: https://coolidgescholars.org/
- Please note the deadline is 5:00 PM EST, Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Pennsylvania American Legion Scholarships
Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program Essay Contest
For more information, visit www.mensafoundation.org/scholarships
Applications must be submitted online on or before 11:59 p.m. central on January 15, 2020.
Burger King McLamore Foundation Scholars
The BURGER KING℠ Scholars program assists employees, employees' spouses or domestic partners, employees' children and high school seniors in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada in continuing their education. To date, the program has awarded more than $40 million in scholarships to more than 36,000 students. Last year alone, $4 million in scholarships were awarded to nearly 3,000 deserving students.
- For more information, visit https://burgerking.scholarsapply.org/?utm_source=commercial&utm_medium=commercial&utm_campaign=commercial1
- Applications close on December 15th 2019.
John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest
Contest Deadline: January 17, 2020
Eligibility and requirements: https://www.jfklibrary.org/learn/education/profile-in-courage-essay-contest/eligibility-and-requirements
- Students in grades 9 through 12
- Word Count: 1,000 maximum, 700 minimum, not including citations and bibliography (use at least five varied sources
such as government documents, letters, newspaper articles, books, and/or personal interviews)
*First-place winner will receive $10,000. Second-place will receive $3,000. Five finalists will receive $1,000 each. Eight semi-finalists will receive $100 each.*
2020 United Water Restoration Group Scholarship
Name of the scholarship: 2020 United Water Restoration Group Scholarship
Deadline date: December 31st, 2019
Detailed description: At United Water Restoration Group, we are proud to offer a scholarship program for students in the process of pursuing a college degree. The awarded student will receive $1,000 to be used towards expenses for his or her degree.
Value of scholarship: $1,000
Qualifications: U.S. citizens accepted to or currently attending a college or university within the United States. The winner will be required to provide proof of acceptance to your college or university or a college transcript.