May 22, 2018
Dear Nazareth Family:
Nazareth Academy High School has undergone large and impactful leadership changes over the past two years.
One of the early changes, and one for which we are extremely grateful, has been Sr. Rita's decision to serve as Nazareth's Principal beginning with the 2016 – 2017 academic year. We can all agree that her dedication to the students, faculty and staff has been a critical part of our success.
Some of the highlights of change that have occurred over the last two years include:
- Implemented the President-Principal administration model that has proven to be very successful
- Increased enrollment by 10% through a focused strategic and intentional plan to recruit academically qualified students
- Increased fundraising by 80% with a new infrastructure in Advancement
- Improved budgeting and planning processes
- Reorganized the administration to build more robust, effective and efficient processes that are helping to pave the way for our future growth
- Implemented the Middle States re-accreditation self-study
- Established campus school safety department
- Advanced STEM initiatives including Robotics and Rocketry
Indeed, it has truly been a remarkable two years. However, it is with both heartfelt sadness and true excitement for the future, that we announce that Sr. Rita has been called to serve in a new ministry and will be leaving Nazareth Academy for another assignment. She will be greatly missed! As of now, the specifics of Sr. Rita’s departure are still being finalized. Please be assured that we will communicate details to you as they occur.
While it will be hard to replace Sr. Rita, we will begin a search for a proven academic leader to serve as our next principal. The principal will have a proven track record of success in faculty professional development and curriculum as it relates to 21st century teaching and learning. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to develop academic and co-curricular initiatives to best serve the students entrusted to us including the development of a strong program in robotics, rocketry and STREAM: Science, Technology, Robotics/Rocketry, Engineering, Art and Math. The principal will ensure that Nazareth provides an experience that achieves excellence in academics always as well as in all facets of student life including fine arts, athletics, and extra-curricular activities.
Together we offer our prayers in wishing Sr. Rita well as she moves forward in ministry. We rely on your prayerful support as we begin a search for Sister's replacement.
From a very personal standpoint, I would like to close by recognizing with profound appreciation the constructive collaboration I have enjoyed with Sr. Rita and for her unfailing support of my tenure since my arrival at Nazareth. As with any relationship based upon mutual respect, my time shared with Sr. Rita has made me a better leader, a better administrator and a better person – and it has been nothing short of a blessing to me and to our Nazareth family.
Denise LePera, MS