In the fall of 8th grade, Naz welcomes students to officially begin the admissions process. Applicants should complete the following steps to ensure that all of the proper paperwork/materials are submitted on time.
- Attend one of our 8th Grade Shadow Days! Eighth graders who participate in the Shadow Program are able to meet current faculty and students, observe classes, eat lunch in our student dining room, and attend various assemblies. Parents must schedule a Shadow Day with the Admissions Office at least one week in advance of the date that their daughter wishes to shadow. Register your daughter for a Shadow Day!
- Attend our Fall Open House on Saturday, October 13th! Our Open House gives prospective students & parents the opportunity to tour our school, receive information on all of our offered extracurricular activities, gain knowledge on our admissions process, experience one of our beautiful musical performances, and meet with students, parents, faculty and staff, administration, and coaches to gain a better vision of the Naz experience. Click here to RSVP for our Open House!
- Complete and submit your Application for Admission by Thursday, October 18th. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee that is due at the time of application submission. No applications will be reviewed without receipt of payment.
- Submit your daughter's transcript, 6th & 7th grade final report cards, 6th & 7th grade standardized testing results, and teacher recommendation form by Thursday, October 18th. To request copies of your daughter's academic records, you must complete the Transcript Release Form and submit it to your daughter's current school. The school will then forward a copy of your daughter's transcript, attendance records, disciplinary records, and standardized test scores to Naz. Please note that your daughter's current school will not send copies of her 6th & 7th grade report cards. It is the applicant's responsibility to make copies of the report cards and mail them directly to Naz. In order to obtain a letter of recommendation, applicants should forward the Teacher Recommendation Form to your daughter's Principal, Guidance Counselor, or 6th, 7th, or 8th grade teacher. The evaluator will then complete the recommendation and mail it directly to Naz. We only require ONE teacher recommendation.
- Take the 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam on Saturday, October 27th from 7:45 AM to 12:00 PM! Registration before Friday, October 12th is highly recommended as those students who are registered for the test by Friday, October 12th are eligible to attend complimentary test prep classes. Students who are unable to take the exam at Naz may choose to take it at another private high school in the area and send their scores to Naz. Parents are invited for a question-and-answer session with administration during the exam. The $50 test fee is non-refundable. Click here to register for the Entrance/Scholarship Exam.
*Please note, only applicants who take the exam at Naz are eligible for all scholarships.
- Set up your interview! All applicants receive an interview, and an interview can take place as soon as an applicant's admissions file is complete. The file is complete when Naz has all of the following documents: Application for Admission, transcript from the applicant's current school, one teacher recommendation, copies of the applicant's 6th & 7th grade final report cards, and copies of the applicant's 6th & 7th grade standardized testing results. Any acceptances that are determined prior to receiving the Entrance/Scholarship Exam results are contingent upon a student's performance on the exam. Please note, no interview will be scheduled until an applicant's file is complete.
Application for Admission (online)
Teacher Recommendation Form (print)
Transcript Release Form (print)
Tuition & Fees
Nazareth Academy High School understands the investment parents make in order to afford a college preparatory education. With this and our families in mind, we offer a Locked Tuition Plan so that you know your tuition rate for all four years at Nazareth. We offer the only Locked Tuition Plan for a private high school in Philadelphia. For the 2019-2020 school year, the tuition is $15,000, with uniforms and books at an additional cost. Payment plans have been developed for parents' planning needs with additional options available through the Business Office.
Nazareth offers four payment plan options. Below are the tuition payment plans for the Class of 2023 at $15,000. All of the payment plans are administered by FACTS Tuition Management. All new students will be required to enroll in FACTS for tuition payment processing. Information will be provided once you are accepted to Naz.
- Single Payment Plan
$15,000 - $200 registration fee = $14,800 total balance due through FACTS debit on or before July 1, 2019
Semester Payment Plan
$15,050 - $200 registration fee = $14,850 total balance due
Two payments of $7,425 due through FACTS debit on July 1, 2019 and January 1, 2020
Quarterly Payment Plan
$15,100 - $200 registration fee = $14,900 total balance due
Four payments of $3,725 due through FACTS debit on July 1, 2019; October 1, 2019; January 1, 2020; and April 1, 2020
Monthly Payment Plan
$15,200 - $200 registration fee = $15,000 total balance due
Ten payments of $1,500 due through FACTS monthly debit from July 2019 through April 2020
NAHS is happy to work with families. Please contact the Business Office at 215.268.1069 to further discuss payment plans.
Application Fee* - $50 (non-refundable)
- *The Application Fee is due at the time of application submission. No applications will be reviewed without receipt of payment.
$950 due following acceptance (non-refundable)**:
Registration Fee: $200.00 (This fee will be applied towards tuition.)
Activity Fee*: $500.00 *The Activity Fee includes: Library and Science Lab Fees; Retreat Days; School Publications; and Class Celebration Days.
Endowment Fee: $125.00 (one-time fee)
Nazareth Academy Parents’ Association (NAPA): $125.00 (one-time membership fee)
**Students are not considered registered and their spot in the Class of 2023 is not secured until the $1,000 in fees mentioned above is received.
Additional fees, if applicable, are:
Art Fee: $100 (9th graders only)
PSAT Fee: $25 (9th-11th graders)
Freshman Fee: $40 (9th graders only)
- Athletic Fee: $250 per sport; $350 for Cheerleading
Private Music Lessons: $800 (voice and piano)
Group Music Lessons: $400 (for all group lessons)
Each year, Nazareth awards academic scholarships ranging from $2500 to one full scholarship. Academic scholarships are awarded for all four years, providing the student maintains the required criteria. They are awarded to qualified incoming freshmen based upon the student's 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam score. The student's academic records, letter of recommendation, and personal interview may be taken into consideration as well. In order to be eligible for an academic scholarship, a student must sit for the 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam on Saturday, October 27th.
Fine Arts Scholarships - Deadline: Thursday, October 18, 2018
Nazareth Academy High School Art Department recognizes the achievement of academic excellence in the Fine Arts by designating an incoming freshman as a Fine Arts Scholar. In order to receive this distinction, a candidate for admission must submit the required artwork and application by the deadline date. This partial scholarship is awarded for all 4 years. The scholarship recipient(s) will be required to meet all Nazareth Academy High School Admissions requirements, including sitting for the 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam on Saturday, October 27th. The deadline for portfolios for the Class of 2023 is Thursday, October 18th. Click here for more information and requirements for our Fine Arts Scholarship.
Music Scholarships - Deadline: Thursday, November 1, 2018
The Music Department at Nazareth attracts talented musicians and vocalists who perform at Nazareth, at Carnegie Hall, and even Rome for the Pope. Students applying for the NAHS Class of 2023 are invited to audition for a Music Scholarship. The scholarship recipient(s) will be required to meet all Nazareth Academy High School Admissions requirements, including sitting for the 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam on Saturday, October 27th. Click here for more information, audition registration form, and requirements for our Music Scholarship.
Digital Video Scholarship - Deadline: Thursday, October 18, 2018
In our digital society, students are more and more engaged in media use via tablets, phones, and computers. The Digital Video Scholarship will recognize students who creatively express themselves in a video. We seek students with innovative ideas for expression, as well as the unique ability to reflect their thoughts concisely and effectively. The selection committee will focus on content and basic editing with visuals and graphics. The committee is not looking for special effects. The scholarship recipient(s) will be required to meet all Nazareth Academy High School Admissions requirements, including sitting for the 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam on Saturday, October 27th. Click here for more information and requirements for our Digital Video Scholarship.
Young Woman Inventor Scholarship - Deadline: Thursday, October 18, 2018
Nazareth Academy High School seeks students who think critically and creatively while continually challenging themselves to learn more at the next level. Critical thinking students exhibit confidence and leadership potential with their processing skills and unique ability to present their ideas effectively and concisely. The selection committee for the Young Woman Inventor Scholarship will be looking for students to develop an invention and then provide a presentation to the committee about their invention, the reason for its creation, and why it should be marketed. The entire presentation should demonstrate strength in the areas of creativity, critical thinking, presentation, and poise. The committee is not looking for a prototype of the invention. The scholarship recipient(s) will be required to meet all Nazareth Academy High School Admissions requirements, including sitting for the 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam on Saturday, October 27th. Click here for more information, the online registration form, and requirements for our Young Woman Inventor Scholarship.
Blessed Frances Siedliska Community Service Scholarship - Deadline: Thursday, October 18, 2018
Students applying for the NAHS Class of 2023 are invited to apply for a scholarship recognizing their service to others. The Blessed Frances Siedliska Community Service Scholarship will be awarded to a student who embodies Blessed Frances’ vision of a life of love.
Blessed Frances Siedliska, the foundress of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, is known for her loving openness and generous spirit. From the moment of her arrival in the United States in 1885, she touched the lives of those less fortunate through her ministry of helping families and children. Mother Foundress was deeply committed to helping those in need while maintaining respect and sensitivity to their individual situations. The students at Nazareth Academy High School are continuously reminded of our call to “Love One Another”. One way that we work to fulfill this commandment is through serving our brothers and sisters in Christ. Service is intricately ingrained in the fabric of our school community with our students logging more than 13,000 hours of service annually! The scholarship recipient(s) will be required to meet all Nazareth Academy High School Admissions requirements, including sitting for the 8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exam on Saturday, October 27th. Click here for more information and the application for our Community Service Scholarship.
Nazareth Academy High School believes in a personalized financial aid process and remains committed to individualized review. In an effort to collect specific documentation that could potentially lead to additional resources for a family in the future, we utilize an outside agency as a component of our award process.
Families wishing to apply for financial aid through Nazareth Academy will need to complete an online application and supply the required documentation. The largest portion of Nazareth’s need-based financial aid award occurs at our review in the middle of November. Although the application will be available into the new year, the resources deplete from the initial awards. Families are strongly encouraged to participate in the financial aid process for the November deadline. There is a $30 fee charged by FACTS. The applications for the Class of 2023 will open on Monday, September 17, 2018, and close on Friday, November 2, 2018. Financial aid decisions will be distributed with your daughter's Entrance Exam results. To access the financial aid application, please click here.
We have included questions in the financial aid application that reflect our personalized approach to this process, such as “number of dependents in elementary/high school and tuitions”. The general application only asks for college and day care. You will also have a section to provide your personal story and details behind the numbers. The students will also be required to answer a short essay question about what a Nazareth education would mean to her. For more information on required documentation needed for your financial aid application, please click here.
There are some outside resources for financial aid in the community and available privately. As you are researching these resources, please check that the donor/organization will apply the aid/grant to Nazareth Academy High School. Some donors/organizations have guidelines that restrict which schools are eligible. Families are encouraged to conduct their own research on possible outside grants and contests. Below are a few resources that Nazareth Academy High School is familiar with.
- Inn Dwelling
- Ellis Trust
- The Matthew Holmes Scholarship Fund
- The Monsignor John Mitchell Memorial Scholarship
- Nazareth Academy High School is a proud partner school of the Maguire Foundation. Nazareth's Scholarship Committee meets to determine those students who meet the Maguire Scholarship criteria and to then select our Maguire Scholars in the incoming freshman class. No application is required, but financial need, as determined through the FACTS financial aid application, is taken into consideration.
Nazareth Academy students living in the city of Philadelphia and who live at least 1.5 miles from Nazareth are eligible for free SEPTA transpasses. The passes are issued at the discretion of SEPTA (usually a couple of weeks after school starts). For students using SEPTA, Nazareth is conveniently located just one block from the R7 Train Station and the Route 66 bus (Frankford Avenue). Other SEPTA routes pick up right outside the door of school on Grant Avenue (Routes 19 & 84).
More than 10 townships provide free bussing to Nazareth for students living in their districts. Please contact your township for specific time and pick up locations. All townships provide round trip bus service and some offer a late bus for students involved in activities.
Nazareth offers round-trip bus service (at an additional fee) for students living in South Jersey. The pick up and drop off location is the Moorestown Library located at 2nd Street and Church Road in Moorestown, NJ.
For more information regarding transportation, please contact our Transportation Coordinator, Ms. Kathy Armstrong.