Does your class have what it takes to win Nazareth’s first ever March Madness competition?
No, we aren’t asking you to find your old Converse sneaks and lace them up. We aren’t asking you to meet us in the gym and shoot some hoops. We are asking you to join us in a donation competition that pits classes against each other in donating dollars to Nazareth. We know how competitive our alumnae can be. We’ve seen you at Quizzo, Scavenger Hunts, and Alumnae Game Nights! The class with the highest percentage of donors will win our March Madness competition. Participation — not dollar amount — is what counts!
Nazareth Academy High School is hosting an Alumnae March Madness tournament to harness our alumnae’s competitive spirit and turn it into dollars for Nazareth and our girls. The winning class will be the class with the highest rate of participation in The Nazareth Fund, Nazareth’s annual fund. Prizes will be awarded.
- March 12th — Selection Sunday – Competition Opens
- March 13th–23rd — Competition heats up as classes donate to make the Sweet Sixteen
- March 24th — Sweet Sixteen – The top sixteen classes are announced
- March 25th — Sweet Sixteen teams donate to make the Elite Eight
- March 26th — Elite Eight – The elite eight classes are announced
- March 27th — Elite Eight teams donate to make the Final Four
- April 1st — Final Four – The final four classes are announced
- April 2nd — Final Four teams donate to make the Championship
- April 3rd — Championship Round – The final two classes are announced
- April 4th — Champion Announced
Why is the winner determined by participation rate and not amount donated?
When applying for grants and engaging outside donors, we are asked to report on different constituencies’ giving percentages and histories. It is important to be able to show that our alumnae truly believe in the mission of their alma mater enough to financially support it. The higher the percentage rate, the more it shows the outside world how much we love our school a million!
All alumnae who have already given $10 or more to The Nazareth Fund this fiscal year (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017) are counted into their class' participation. These donations determine a class’ starting participation percentage.
Donations can be given online or via mail. However, please remember that if a donation is received after the date of the current bracket, it is unable to count toward that bracket.
Only participation rate matters. The amount of money raised does not determine the winner, so all classes can have an equal chance at winning, including those still in college. However, the minimum donation to The Nazareth Fund to be eligible is $10.
Donations must be made by individuals. Donations cannot be made on behalf of others or an entire class.
The prizes will be:
- Recognition for the winning class on all social media outlets
- Winning class’ year on a trophy that will reside at Nazareth
- Winning class participants receive special seating at 90th Anniversary celebration events in 2018
To join the competition, please make your donation below!