Please Note: Daily Announcements will be posted below by 10 am
Daily Announcements For 11/12/2018
- GRADUATION ORDERS/CAP & GOWN MEASUREMENTAND RING ADJUSTMENTS FOR JUNIORS & SENIORS ON Tuesday, November 13th JOSTENS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL LUNCH PERIODS TO COLLECT YOUR CAP & GOWN ORDER FORM AND OPTIONAL ITEMS ORDER FORM. REMEMBER TO MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO: JOSTENS. ALSO, NEW FACULTY & STAFF MEMBERS WHO DID NOT ORDER ATTIRE LAST YEAR ----MUST BE MEASURED AT THEIR LUNCH PERIOD. MARK YOUR CALENDAR –Tuesday, November 13TH. ALSO - RING ADJUSTMENTS ANY JUNIOR or SENIOR WHO NEEDS A RING ADJUSTMENT OR REPLACEMENT FOR ANY REASON MAY DO SO AT THIS TIME
- Only seniors who have been accepted to a college are permitted to wear a college sweatshirt. Seniors are to see Mrs. Budd to confirm acceptance, by way of an acceptance letter. A senior pass will then be issued to the senior. No other student should be wearing sweatshirts. The school sweater is required and is part of the uniform, for those students who are cold.
- The Harry Potter Literary Club will be having a meeting this Tuesday, November 13 during the activity period in Room 36. Hope to see you there.
- There will be a JV Mathletes practice on Thursday, November 15th and a meet on Friday, November 16th in room 21 during Activity. All freshmen and sophomores are welcome.
From the office of Student Council: Freshman Election to Student Council will be held tomorrow, on Tuesday (11-13-18) during the Homeroom Period. Thank you to all Freshman Homeroom Moderators for conducting the election. The list with the names of the students running in this election can be found on the first floor poster along the stairs and in the Student Dining Room. Thank you to all the freshmen willing to represent and to serve our school.
- Attention students. Just a reminder that all scholarship opportunities, college open house information, information sessions, and program opportunities are posted on the counseling page of Nazareth's website. Please be sure to check the website for information and opportunities. Thank you.
- Today Open Gym workout for basketball from 4:30- 6:00pm
- Applications for the Hugh O'Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership Seminar are now available to all SOPHMORES. The HOBY Leadership Seminar is three day conference that is a fun interactive leadership training. This conference focuses on building and expanding leadership skills. The students will have the opportunity to stay on a college campus and explore leadership from three perspectives: individual, group and society. They will discover how leadership can lead to social change and create relationships and bond with other sophomores from across the region. Participation in this seminar also reflects highly on a College Resume.
- The date and location for this conference have not been determined yet, but it is typically held the in early June on at a local College Campus. Two students from Nazareth Academy will be chosen and the primary student will be awarded a scholarship while the second student will need to fund the conference if they choose to attend. A sign up sheet is located outside Ms. Raymond's office in the Counseling Suite. Applications will be sent to all girls who have signed up on Monday November 5th and applications are to be returned to Ms. Raymond by Wednesday November 14th. For questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Raymond at 215-268-1079 or Lraymond@nazarethacademyhs.org.