Please Note: Daily Announcements will be posted below by 10 am
Daily Announcements For 9/20/2018
- This is a reminder that there are a few Juniors who have a ring balance. Many notices have been sent directly to you by Jostens. Please have the balance paid by this Friday, the 21st. The rings will not be released to us until the balance is paid in full. JOSTENS contact information is available in the Main Office. Thank you
- Any student who has signed up to work the Designer Bag Bingo is to see Mrs. Evans at Activity Period on Friday, September 21, 2018 in her office located on the 2nd Floor by Guidance. Thank you
- It is mandatory that all students wear their Winter Uniform, blue tights and blazers for the 90th Anniversary Mass on Friday, September 28th
- Attention all students being inducted into an honor society on Monday, September 24. There is a mandatory practice for the convocation on Friday, September 21. It will be held at 2:15 PM at the chapel. The practices previously announced for activity periods this week are cancelled. There is now only the one practice after school on Friday. Please see Ms. Schroeder with any questions or concerns.
- From Mrs. Budd: Moderators or representatives from various clubs and activities are asked to contact Naz News so that we can highlight your specific club or activity. Many students are interested in joining clubs and they are not aware of the many extracurricular activities we offer here at Nazareth.
- There will be a mandatory practice for all students involved in the 90th anniversary mass on Wednesday, September 26th during the activity schedule. Please inform your teachers.
- Team America Rocketry Challenge Team My Chemical Rockets has a building session with Mr. Severino on Friday after school in Room 24.
- Our regular rocket club will have a meeting on Monday, September 24th during Activity Period in Room 24.
- Attention juniors and seniors attending the October Kairos Retreat: there will be a meeting on Wednesday September 26th in Room 20 to go over details of the retreat. If you cannot make it to the meeting, please see Ms. Ennis or Ms. Mikulski ASAP
- On October 10th, Juniors will report immediately upon arrival to the Student Dining Room for the annual Juniors PSAT Breakfast. Each homeroom is assigned a specific food or beverage. Junior moderators will give more information to their homerooms about this annual event. Only Juniors are allowed to enjoy this breakfast in the Dining Room. Any questions please see your Junior homeroom moderator.
- Anyone who would like to volunteer for our Open House on October 13th, our 7th & 8th Grade Scavenger Hunt on October 19th, or our Entrance Exam on October 27th – the sign-up sheets are hanging outside of the CSC Office. Service hours will be awarded for the time you volunteer at these events.
- If you are interested in becoming a writer for an online magazine featuring science, engineering, and art, please see Mr. Severino in Room 24 or email him for details
- Nazareth Academy will be hosting Holy Family University for an Instant decision day on September 25th, 2018. Interested seniors will meet with admissions counselors and will know the admissions decision immediately. These decisions are not binding. Interested seniors should sign up with Mrs. Glasson no later that Friday, September 21st.
- Nazareth Academy will be hosting Saint Joseph's University on October 3rd, 2018. Interested seniors will meet with admissions counselors to discuss their application outlook and be advised on the best application route. Note, this is not a decision day. Interested seniors should sign up with Mrs. Glasson no later than Friday, September 28th.
- Attention students. Just a reminder that all scholarship opportunities, college open house information, information sessions, and program opportunities are posted on the counseling page of Nazareth's website. Please be sure to check the website for information and opportunities. Thank you.
- If any sophomore, junior, or senior is interested to spend four Saturdays in October at KYW Newsradio to learn reporting, editing, ethics, and interviewing skills please follow this application link. Your English teachers also have a copy of this website. The deadline is Friday, September 21. At the conclusion of this program there will be a graduation ceremony and your report will air on KYW Newsradio. You will also have the opportunity to win a scholarship, laptop computer, or gift card.
- Maggie's Waterfront Café is now hiring high school students. Any student who is in need of employment and interested in working at Maggie's please contact the manager at 215-637-6716