- Science Teacher
- Assistant Coach for Indoor/Outdoor Track
- School Safety and Facilities Clerk - Part Time
NAZARETH ACADEMY HIGH SCHOOL 2023 - 2024 School Year
Nazareth Academy High School is a Catholic, private, fully-accredited college preparatory school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth. Embracing faith, family and education, we challenge each student to attain her full potential academically, spiritually and personally.
1. Qualifications: 1. Educational: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Completion of a Bachelor’s degree with a major in Biology or another related field and state certification. Preferred: An MS in Biology, Masters in Education, or a related field.
2. Catholic Identity
Promotes the essential characteristics and fundamental values of the Catholic school; advances a spirit conducive to prayer and study across the school community.
1. Works collaboratively with the Science Department, and all faculty/staff.
2. Is able to teach any Anatomy and Physiology or Environmental Science course, and use online learning platforms.
3. Planning and Preparation: to plan in advance for daily lesson presentations, lesson plans shall be kept up-to-date and will contain logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum. Plans will be submitted according to school policies and will utilize best practices in education.
4. Instruction: to provide a classroom learning situation which adheres to the philosophy of Catholic education, Catholic teaching and doctrine, and the mission of Nazareth Academy High School.
5. Classroom Management: to be responsible for the order, attention and well-being of students under your care in the classroom and/or laboratory setting.
6. Recording and Reporting: to keep daily written records and entering attendance in NAHS online system, and building requirements as they pertain to matter of record keeping. To meet with parents in regularly scheduled conferences and/or whenever necessary to report individual pupil progress.
7. Co-Curricular Participation: to participate on a voluntary basis in planning for and supervising co-curricular student activities and functions approved by the school.
8. Professional Development: to show evidence of continuous growth in the teaching profession.
9. Perform other duties as assigned. Evaluation: Performance for this position will be evaluated on an annual basis by the NAHS administration and department chair.
Apply through: Email (Subject Line: SCIENCE) your cover letter and resume to HR@NazarethAcademyHS.org by February 2, 2024
About the Employer
Nazareth Academy High School, located within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, is an independent College preparatory school for girls sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth.
Nazareth Academy High School seeks a part time school safety and facilities clerk. Duties include:
- Patrol the building and grounds to identify any potential situations
- Monitor security cameras
- Full campus walkthroughs every two hours, including the checking of all entry points
- Assist with fire and lock down drills
- Assist the staff, police and/or emergency personnel in the handling of emergencies or disruptive situations
- Assist with event setup and breakdown
- Complete work orders as assigned
- Resolve all maintenance and janitorial issues in bathrooms, common areas, classrooms and offices as assigned
- Regular schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday 11:00 - 4:00
- Weekend hours may be needed in order to cover all school events and participate in the emergency on-call rotation
Please send resume and salary requirements to HR@NazarethAcademyHS.org
Nazareth Academy High School is an all-girls private Catholic college preparatory school. The campus is located in Northeast Philadelphia. The school serves students in grades 9-12. It is the only private all-girls high school in Philadelphia and has a reputation as one of the leading academic schools in Pennsylvania.