Giving Tuesday 2019
Support the NAZ STREAM Center this Giving Tuesday
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Nazareth Academy High School is ecstatic to announce the creation of our first makerspace area, The Naz STREAM Center. Construction of this new space will begin around the first of the new year and is expected to be ready for our students at the start of the 2020-2021 school year. The old cafeteria below the gym will be revamped, redesigned and reconstructed into the Naz STREAM Center. (STREAM = Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, Math)
The area will consist of five different areas:
- The main makerspace area and classroom will be the center of the old cafeteria
- This laboratory/workshop provides “messy space” for creation, invention and learning. Courses across the curriculum will have access so our girls can do hands on learning.
- It will also be the home of our first Engineering elective for Juniors and Seniors and the new home of our Rocketry, Robotics, and other STEM based clubs.
- The Student Lounge for studying and recreation will be located just outside the main makerspace area.
- Students will be able to have club meetings during Activity period and work on homework before and after school.
- The Fine Arts makerspace area with a kiln will be located in the old kitchen area
- Art classes will design and create their own ceramics in this space
- The Performing Arts makerspace will be for set building for the school play and musical performances and will be located in the old school store area
- Offices, Conference Rooms, and Storage will be located in the former kitchen area as well
Support Naz STREAM this Giving Tuesday
This Giving Tuesday (December 3, 2019), we are asking for your support in making this space as creative and innovative as possible for our girls at Nazareth Academy High School. All monies raised this Giving Tuesday will go directly to The Naz STREAM Center construction. Your kindness and generosity will give our girls the opportunity to use state-of-the-art equipment and cutting edge technology in The Naz STREAM Center which will help shape our students’ careers and lives!
What your generosity Provides:
$50.00 – Model Home Kits
$100.00 - 3D Magic Pen
$250.00 – Robotics Workshop Kit
$500.00 – 3D Scanner and Printer
$750.00 – Student Lounge Couch
$1,000.00 – Fujitsu Laptop
$2,500.00 – E23T Kiln
$5,000.00 - STEM Workstation
$7,500.00 – Laser Engraving System